Breakage in trunk with subversion

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Dec 16 23:47:16 PST 2006

Hello,

the other side of the problem has been already reported by Benjamin
John. It looks like, when the Makefile checks out the LFS book via SVN,
the "LFS-BOOK" directory gets modified in undesirable way.

1) Before I upgraded Subversion on the CD, Benjamin John (who,
apparently, checked the LiveCD Makefiles with SVN-1.4.2) was unable to
check out the LFS book, because Subversion on the LiveCD complained
about the new working copy format.

2) After the upgrade, I am unable to do "svn merge" on ums.usu.ru
(Debian Sarge, old subversion), because the LFS-BOOK directory gets
modified by SVN-1.4.2 while downloading the book.

I am currently investigating possible fixes.