Please don't reuse /tools for official builds

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Dec 16 23:07:19 PST 2006

Hello,

r1753-1754 added support for tarring up /tools and reusing the tarball
for a LiveCD rebuild. However, this change introduced a new bug: if
reusing /tools, some source tarballs (namely, those that would normally
be copied during Chapter 5) are not copied to /lfs-sources at all.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

My proposal is to split copying of sources into /lfs-sources to a
completely new target in each package's Makefile, like this:

copy-src:
       cp $(FILE1) $(LFSSRC)

and call it from the main Makefile at the end for all packages.

Once we agree whether to use this proposal or something else, the fix
should go into both trunk and the 6.2 branch.