subversion too old

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Dec 15 05:09:05 PST 2006

Benjamin John wrote:
> Hello Alexander,
> I send you this e-mail private too, because the list is currently not
> available.

Thanks for this!
> I'm trying to create the current version (1780) of the LiveCD.

Thanks again for testing, but I have a major gcc related change in my
working copy.
> I found two issues:
> - the sha1sum of lynx-2.8.6 seems to be wrong

ISC has re-released lynx-2.8.6 at least once. I will re-download this
file and fix the SHA1 sum.
> - the subversion is too old now, when the  script comes to LFS-BOOK-SVN
> the following message appears:
> "svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a
> newer Subversion client"
> I think it's related to the new server...

Let me see this myself. I am currently building binutils pass1.
> Attached is a Makefile diff, which compiles subversion 1.4.2 withou an
> error and seems to work, the working copy of the book was downloaded and
> rendered. But I did no deep testing.

That's not very good. The intention is to release 6.2-4 and 6.3-pre1
with identical BLFS contents (so that LFS can be blamed for all
differences). So it looks like I should update Subversion in the 6.2
branch, too. Do you have any objections?