Bringing trunk up-to-date

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Apr 19 19:35:32 PDT 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Alexander, how similar to current LFS trunk is your udev_update branch,
> and how long, do you think, before you'll be wanting to merge?

The only major difference is non-alphabetical order (solved here, but I want to
review all Makefiles again before the commit). Another showstopper is the old
revision of the checked-out book (trivial to fix) and old bootscripts (less
trivial).

Also, before the relase, I want to investigate the Debian bug report about "blue
screen of death" when running irssi in screen in VTE-based Terminal (patch to
VTE is available).

The following bugs exist, but are not regressions against 6.2-pre3:

* Non-bootable PCMCIA devices
* No support for booting from SCSI controllers that require firmware
* Seamonkey profile reuse issue