LiveCD without XFCE

Brian Burns wizard.rb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 08:07:08 PDT 2006


Well, last evening I decided to run the scripted build of 6.2-pre3.
Some 13+ hours later, I have a CD <g>

Since I did not install XFCE, I can only say that the CD boots without
any errors and looks as expected.
Once I awake from the coma I'm about to slip into,
I'll work on getting Qt/KDE installed.
I should then be able to report more on the state of the build.

During the build, I did encounter several errors I had to correct.
My notes are below.

- Brian


Main Makefile Changes:

used: export PM ?= -j1
(due to error on first build attempt)

added: @if [ ! -d $(MP)$(WD) ] ; then mkdir -p $(MP)$(WD) ; fi
(first error I received, since the only directory on the new partition
was lfs-livecd)

Package Changes:

removed XFCE
(since I plan on installing Qt/KDE)

Also Removed:
ch-man-fr
ch-man-pages-es
ch-man-pages-it
ch-manpages-de
ch-manpages-ru
ch-seamonkey
ch-lilo
(since I don't need these)

removed ch-exo (required xfce)
removed ch-Terminal (required ch-exo)
removed ch-mousepad (required xfce) (note: mousepad url gave 404)

updated Sqaushfs to 3.0
(also updated linux makefile, since squashfs2.2 was explicitly referenced)

Errors Encountered:

404 on http://downloads.sleepycat.com/db-4.4.16.tar.gz
used a copy of db-4.4.20.tar.bz2 I'd already downloaded.

changed belarusian in kbd makefile to
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/sources/BLFS/conglomeration/belarusian/belarusian-0.3.tar.bz2

openssl-0.9.7i.tar.bz2 changed to openssl-0.9.7i.tar.gz

pkg-config-0.20.tar.bz2 changed to pkg-config-0.20.tar.gz

curl-7.15.1.tar.bz2 changed to curl-7.15.3.tar.bz2

libxml2-2.6.22.tar.bz2 changed to libxml2-2.6.22.tar.gz

libxslt-1.1.15.tar.bz2 changed to libxslt-1.1.15.tar.gz

tidy_src_051026.tar.bz2 changed to tidy_src_051026.tgz
added: tidy-051026-prevent_PRE_newlines-1.patch

tiff-3.7.4.tar.bz2 changed to tiff-3.8.2.tar.gz

libungif-4.1.4.tar.bz2 changed to libungif-4.1.3.tar.bz2

wireless_tools.27.tar.bz2 changed to wireless_tools.28.pre16.tar.gz

rsync-2.6.6.tar.bz2 changed to rsync-2.6.6.tar.gz

sudo-1.6.8p12.tar.bz2 changed to sudo-1.6.8p12.tar.gz

dmraid-1.0.0.rc9.tar.bz2 changed to dmraid-1.0.0.rc10.tar.bz2

changed url for rp-pppoe-3.6-iproute2-1.patch to:
http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/sources/BLFS/svn/r/rp-pppoe-3.6-iproute2-1.patch
(linuxfromscratch.org server was not responding at the time)

changed url for bin86-0.16.17.tar.bz2 to:
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/rocklinux/ROCK-2.1/b
(file was missing from several other servers)


More information about the livecd mailing list