LiveCD without XFCE

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 13 18:21:46 PDT 2006

Brian Burns wrote:
> I'd like to remove xfce from the build....
> Are there other packages that could be removed that are only there for xfce?

XFCE could be deleted, yes. XFCE requires gtk+, but so does Seamonkey
(or Thunderbird/Firefox). Other than that I don't think there's anything
else that XFCE uses that wouldn't be useful for a QT/KDE implementation.
Alexander probably knows better though.

> Also, I thought I'd edit the makefiles for squashfs and the kernel to
> upgrade squashfs to 3.0.
> Anyone see any possible problems with this?

Squashfs is due for an upgrade, yes. If you manage to do that I'd accept
a patch (so long as it actually works and applies cleanly. ;) )