LiveCD without XFCE

Brian Burns wizard.rb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 17:51:11 PDT 2006

I've been studying the scripted build for livecd-6.2pre3,
and have made some changes to my LFS build...but still have some issues.

Since my ultimate goal at this point is a working LiveCD with a KDE desktop,
I've decided to try and build the CD using the official scipts, then add
Qt, KDE, etc... on top of that.

I'd like to remove xfce from the build....
Are there other packages that could be removed that are only there for xfce?

Also, I thought I'd edit the makefiles for squashfs and the kernel to
upgrade squashfs to 3.0.
Anyone see any possible problems with this?

Thought I'd get some input before running the build, since I'm sure it
will take a while :)

- Brian