Generic X11 config?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 12 12:14:48 PDT 2006

Brian Burns wrote:
> The CD works fine on my PC, however I need it to work on "any" PC.
> Right now, my biggest problem area seems to be the X11 config.
> I have so many questions at this point I don't know where to start :)

Welcome to the list, Brian. And glad to hear that you've made it so far
on your own. :) If you want some raw reference so that you might be able
to figure out a solution, you might want to take a look at our
Makefiles: the way we script the building of the official LFS LiveCD.

You can view them online here:

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/browser

"trunk" contains the current development version of the scripts, "tags"
contains released versions, and "branches" contains experimental
off-shoots of trunk.

If you prefer to download the scripts locally, you can check them out
via subversion:

svn co svn://linuxfromscratch.org/livecd (will grab the whole repository)

Within each section, 'etc' contains the static configuration files that
will appear on the final CD, and 'packages/[pkg-name]' contains build
commands for each package.

If you have any trouble making your way through them, just ask. But if
you dig well enough, you should find how we've got Xorg set up to work
on various machines for our CD.