pcmcia modem support in livecd-x86-6.2-pre3

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Apr 11 06:45:59 PDT 2006

Howard wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
>> You must install the pcmcia_cs package yourself. Without it, nothing
> will work.
>
> I had the feeling that was the only solution.  oh well...
> Why isn't it included in the cd?

For two reasons:

1) I can't test whether the installation is correct, because I have no laptop.
2) This package is obsolete, the replacement is pcmciautils
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/pcmcia/pcmcia.html)

I will add pcmciautils tomorrow, but I can't guarantee that this is done
correctly. It will be much appreciated if you build the unofficial CD after that
and report whether it works for you.