Bug in binary /init

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Sep 30 08:44:02 PDT 2005

Justin R. Knierim wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
>> Fixed in r805 in utf8-newmake. Please backport to trunk if the fix
>> looks right.
>

> Thanks for the fast fix Alexander.  I will review it and merge.  Thanks.

Did anyone test it? It does appear to look correct.

Also, Alexander, are all the mounts that are done in the init still
necessary? I tried to mimic what you had in the shell init, but I recall
that a couple of them were workarounds to various bugs.

I'm asking because on a recent CD I've tested, even though the file
permissions are correct (I double and triple checked that), when you
create an unprivleged 'lfs' user as per the case in the LFS book or the
LiveCD scripts, su as that user, and try to compile a program, the
compile will fail because the user gets 'Permission denied' errors when
trying to read items in /usr/include/linux/