BUG REPORT: variable exporting problems

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 26 10:15:09 PDT 2005

Trying to build current trunk with make MP=/cd. Everything goes well
until coreutils stage1 where I get this:

install -m 755 /mnt/lfs/lfs-livecd/uname/uname /tools/bin/
install: cannot stat `/mnt/lfs/lfs-livecd/uname/uname': No such file or
directory

The command in coreutils/Makefile is:

install -m 755 ${MP}${ROOT}/uname/uname ${WD}/bin/

Apparently the MP variable is not being properly passed from the parent
makefile to the children. I know next to nothing about Makefile syntax
so perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs