Status of the repository

Justin Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Wed Sep 21 08:35:47 PDT 2005

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> 4) sha1 sums for many packages don't match if one unpacks a big
> all-packages tar from lfs-matrix.net instead of downloading all packages

Opps, that is my fault.  After fixing many bz2 files that were
compressed with an older version, I didn't update the 6.1/etc tarballs,
only development version.  I will fix this, thanks Alexander.

> This cleanup resulted in more easily readable/verifiable commands and
> freed me from thinking about logging in each package's Makefile.
> However, committing this will result in a 300KB message and inability
> for me to merge things to/from trunk (but since Jeremy Huntwork said
> goodbye, that isn't a big problem). Also I am going to remove sha1 sum
> checking because of frequent (apparently bogus) mismatches (e.g. on
> make-3.80). Do you want this cleanup?

Sounds interesting.  I will gladly take a look at what you suggest.  The
sha1sums you can leave for the moment since I am fixing the bogus bz2
files compressed with an older version.  They might need to be updated
after I fixed a few but otherwise they should work.

The cleanup sounds fine to me.

Justin