Re-organizing the repo

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 20 06:46:59 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 14:33 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Thomas Pegg wrote:
> > For the livecd it would be like 1-10 are reserved for common patches to
> > all arches, then from there groups of 10 for arch specific patches for
> > each arch. I think this would lower the potential of having overriding
> > patch numbers, I already ran into this with the recent gcc4 upgrade, I
> > had to renumber some of the patches. It's not a big deal but would be
> > good thing for the future I think.
>
> That sounds alright. Since it's your idea, I'll let you figure out the
> specifics, if you don't mind. :)

Not at all. I figure a setup like this would do fine:

1-10 - Common patches
11-20 - x86 only
21-30 - ppc only
31-40 - sparc only
41-50 - x86_64 only

Of course the ranges could be expanded further, but I don't see any
package requiring more than 10 patches.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729 / Linux User : 298329