state of x86_64 Live CD?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Mon Sep 19 12:46:06 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 03:24, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> John Gay wrote:
> > So, I guess what I'm asking is, is there some version of a 64bit LiveCD I
> > can play with in about two weeks, and a good detailed document to explain
> > LiveCD building from an LFS user of medium skills?
>
> There's not an Official LFS x86_64 CD  yet. Sorry. Not all of us have
> 64-bit machines to play with. :( (HP are you listening!?) Thomas Pegg
> volunteered a bit ago to start on one, but I know he's been busy lately,
> plus we've been re-working our build scripts a bit.

OK, just wanted to see what was available and how I could help, once I get my
new box.

> Chris Lingard did one a while back and his might still be available
> online somewhere. Try http://stockwith.co.uk

I saw that one a while ago, but it's not there any more.

But, I've sorted by boot CD issue. I just got my Ubunto CD's in x86, PPC and
amd64 versions. Each comes with both a liveCD and an install CD.

I'll see what the liveCD looks like for building. Then it should just be a
matter of FBBG and get a 64bit system. Of course I'll have to watch where the
libs go, but if I'm building from a 64bit system, then I don't have to worry
about cross-compiling.

I'll let you know when the box arrives and how I get on.

Cheers,

	John Gay