[Fwd: Boot CD kernel panic]

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 18 14:32:12 PDT 2005

Forwarding to appropriate list

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Boot CD kernel panic
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:58:15 +0200
From: Christer Nissen <christer.nissen at bredband.net>
To: lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org

Hi everybody.

I got a kernel panic when trying to boot from the live cd, and after
searching the web for a while, it turns out that its caused by AMD 64
CPU's with AC97 sound on the motherboard. Turning off the AC97 sound in
BIOS makes the problem disappear.

If you want to mention this on the Live CD web page, it might help a few
people. Its quite common with AC97 sound and AMD processors these days....

Ill take the opportunity to thank you all for working on the LFS/BLFS
system. Its exacly what I have always wanted. Im definently going to
keep using it for years to come.

Christer, Sweden