Bug in LFS?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 13 04:53:11 PDT 2005

Hey Everyone:

I've run across something that I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to happen.
On two different systems, when I have a CD mounted, I have been able to
push the eject button and eject the CD. This has happened on both my
installed LFS system and when using the LiveCD. With the LiveCD
especially, obviously, this is dangerous and unwanted. On my notebook,
when using the LiveCD, the drive seems to be properly locked. So this
behavior seems to be hardware specific.

So. I'm not sure how to begin debugging this one, or whether it's even a
bug with LFS or with a package LFS uses. But I thought I'd throw it out
there to see if anyone else can see the same behavior and/or has ideas
on where to start looking.

Thanks,