state of x86_64 Live CD?

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Sat Sep 10 16:03:20 PDT 2005

Since I'll soon have a Dual Opteron to play with, I'm looking forward to
building a 64 bit system on it.

I know that with a lot of work I can cross-compile from the regular LiveCD and
go that route, but I also understand these will soon be a 64 bit version
available?

This would certainly simplify my building process, and give me a chance to
test the CD and report what I find.

So, I guess what I'm asking is, is there some version of a 64bit LiveCD I can
play with in about two weeks, and a good detailed document to explain LiveCD
building from an LFS user of medium skills?

I know these are basic questions but I've only started digging around for info
and a few quick links would help narrow down the search.

Cheers,

	John Gay