Remove rp-pppoe?

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Fri Jul 29 22:44:07 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Er. Actually, to me, this rather complicates the setup of pppoe on the
> CD. If we adopted this new method, a user would before-hand have to
> know how to manually configure the files to properly set up his
> connection. With the current rp-pppoe program, it's all done for them
> in a wizard-style manner. Unless we can re-create that ease of setup,
> I'd rather not change anything.

Heh, normally, but you haven't seen what he have in store for the new
net-setup script.  ;)  It will also setup ppp devices such as modems,
gprs modems, wlan devices, and anything else we can fit.  For modems and
gprs devices we already have to edit files (such as /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
and/or /etc/ppp/peers/dialout, et al) to get this to work, so doing the
same in the net-setup script with dialogs --form's for the values should
not be too terrible.

Just my $0.02 though, and I am open to other ideas.  :)

--
Justin R. Knierim