Remove rp-pppoe?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 29 22:37:14 PDT 2005

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> plugin rp-pppoe.so
> eth0
> user jdoe
> noauth
> hide-password
> debug
> defaultroute
> noipdefault
> usepeerdns
> remotename pppoe
>
> Then adjust our net-setup script so that it can edit that file.
>
> Any objections? The rp-pppoe.so file is a part of ppp package, not
> rp-pppoe.

Er. Actually, to me, this rather complicates the setup of pppoe on the
CD. If we adopted this new method, a user would before-hand have to know
how to manually configure the files to properly set up his connection.
With the current rp-pppoe program, it's all done for them in a
wizard-style manner. Unless we can re-create that ease of setup, I'd
rather not change anything.