LFS x86_64

Ahmed El-Daly aeldaly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 07:30:18 PDT 2005

From: Jeremy Huntwork <jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: lfs-list at projecthugo.co.uk, LFS Support List <
lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:26:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Understanding 32/64 bit issues
Matt Darcy wrote:
> There is an LFS 64bit boot CD thats very basic. I've used it to build a
> pure64 system which was "ok" but it was a bit of a struggle.
>
> You'd be better off using an AMD64 live CD from say gentoo to build a
> 64bit compatible system, or cross compile which is becoming easier with
> the release of patches as more people understand the process

Which reminds me. I still could use some help (specifically someone with
the appropriate hardware) producing an Official x86_64 LFS LiveCD. ;)

Anyone interested please reply on the livecd list.

I am interested. I have built a pure 64 LFS system that actually works :) A
lot of it is based on Chris Lingard's work, and patched to make sure that
nothing ends up in lib64 (I opted to use just lib to place all the 64-bit
libs).

What is required of me? I am not as experienced as you guys :)