LFS x86_64

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 29 07:58:52 PDT 2005

Ahmed El-Daly wrote:
> I am interested. I have built a pure 64 LFS system that actually works
> :) A lot of it is based on Chris Lingard's work, and patched to make
> sure that nothing ends up in lib64 (I opted to use just lib to place
> all the 64-bit libs).
>
> What is required of me? I am not as experienced as you guys :)

Well, Thomas Pegg is going to start work on that branch in the near
future. If you would like to help, stay subscribed here, watch the
discussions and specifically look for when we create a x86_64 branch for
our build scripts. Then offer comments, suggestions, patches etc where
you see a need. Ask Thomas if there's anything specific you could do to
help as well.

Also, you would need to understand our build scripts. They're a series
of Makefiles that get run by make in succession. You can check them out
via Subversion like so (Note that they're undergoing some cleanup atm):

svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/x86/trunk lfs-livecd

Thanks for volunteering!