Trouble with unionfs

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 29 07:45:25 PDT 2005

Hi Alexander,

I've run into some trouble on the livecd and I believe it's the fault of
unionfs. I was playing with Justin's new net-setup (good work btw, :) )
and I managed to cause a segfault after the script failed. I'm not sure
why exactly it failed, but it happened after I assigned a static IP
address to eth0 after I had already run the dhcp setup on the device (and
I believe I used the same address it received via dhcp). Anyway, the
script failed and now I get regular segfaults.

#ls /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/
Segmentation fault
lfslivecd:root | Fri 29 Jul 2005 10:25:54 AM EDT | ~
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network: line 23:  4675 Segmentation fault     ${0} stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network: line 23:  4679 Segmentation fault     ${0} start

It seems like a unionfs problem only because I can't even run ls on that
directory.  Any thoughts?