Help with net-setup script

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Jul 28 22:26:18 PDT 2005

Hi guys,

Well, let's just say this is the first bash script longer than 20 lines
I have worked on, heh, so if someone has some free time, could you
please look at the script below and let me know what you think.
Problems, comments, suggestions welcome.

The net-setup script uses 2 dialog windows now, one for the user to
select the device (eth0, eth1..., which could later be extended to
wlan0..), then afterward to select the method (dhcp, static, pppoe).  I
had to change a few things so that it would use $DEV instead of eth0.

I am running out of systems to test on, but I did manage to get a old
notebook running, and it setup its eth0 with no problems.

The script is here:
http://lfs-matrix.net/~justin/net-setup
SVN Diff is here:
http://lfs-matrix.net/~justin/net-setup.diff