Understanding 32/64 bit issues

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 28 06:56:50 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 09:42 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Thomas Pegg wrote:

> > I've got x86_64 hardware available and would be willing to help
> > development.
>
> Excellent! :)
:)

> Of course, as you may already be aware, currently the livecd uses
> Makefiles to script the build which we keep in the livecd repo. When I
> first wrote them there were several reasons I opted for Makefiles
> instead of using, say, nALFS ;) I know that might look bad being the
> ALFS project lead and all... :)
Not necessarily. It was your decision to do it in a way that you felt
comfortable with.

> Anyway, any objection to learning and using the Makefiles?
No objections here, I'll do it just like I did with ALFS, learn the
syntax and work with it.
Even before I started working with nALFS and the profiles, I did my
builds with some scripts I wrote, but then switched to nALFS, because I
found it interesting, then as I got comfortable using it, I replaced my
old scripts with it.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729 / Linux User : 298329