Understanding 32/64 bit issues

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 28 06:42:33 PDT 2005

Thomas Pegg wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 07:26 -0400, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>>>the release of patches as more people understand the process
>>
>>Which reminds me. I still could use some help (specifically someone with
>>the appropriate hardware) producing an Official x86_64 LFS LiveCD. ;)
>>
>>Anyone interested please reply on the livecd list.
>

> I've got x86_64 hardware available and would be willing to help
> development.

Excellent! :)

Of course, as you may already be aware, currently the livecd uses
Makefiles to script the build which we keep in the livecd repo. When I
first wrote them there were several reasons I opted for Makefiles
instead of using, say, nALFS ;) I know that might look bad being the
ALFS project lead and all... :)

Anyway, any objection to learning and using the Makefiles?