r395 - x86/trunk/scripts

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 23 08:54:25 PDT 2005

justin at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> -		if `ip link show eth0 2>/dev/null` | grep -q UP ; then
> +		if echo `ip link show eth0 2>/dev/null` | grep -q UP ; then

Actually, that whole command is stored in a variable at the top of the
script:

LINKTEST=`ip link show eth0 2> /dev/null`

So, the change you just made should probably be:

if echo $LINKTEST | grep -q UP ; then

It must have just slipped through when I originally swapped the commands
for the variables. Notice too that where the $LINKTEST variable is used
elsewhere in the script, it is already being used in connection with
'echo' as it should be... :)

Anyway, thanks for the report Kevin, and thanks for the fix, Justin