ide-cd: cmd 0x28 timed out

Ian Beardslee itb at falcons.co.nz
Fri Jul 15 17:20:33 PDT 2005

Problem solved, erm and a wee bit embarassed by it.

I had tried 'nodma' and then after a bit more research found that it
should have been 'ide=nodma' I was passing to the kernel.

Sigh, shows I was on the right track - enough knowledge to be dangerous
:-)  All part of the learning curve.

Maybe other kernel options should also be mentioned in the start up of the
livecd.  Some people may be learning this from scratch as well and not
aware of all the kernel options - or at the very least may not have them
on hand (or in head).

Thanks.