SATA CDROM/DVD support still not functional

William Harrington wwh20610 at cmsu2.cmsu.edu
Fri Jul 15 16:47:46 PDT 2005

Ok I did two test runs:

When I defined ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI in libata.h it recognized my PX716SA and attached it to sr0 and gave me sg0 and sg1.

When I left it undefined it did not recognize my PX716SA, just the WD Raptor (I know you all want one of these).

I suggest someone build a livecd with ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI defined in linux-2.6.x.x/include/linux/libata.h and let me test it.

I really hate going into compatability mode and there are enough SATA optical drives to support.

You can contact me at the email address in this message or catch me in #LFS-Support as Ratrophy.

I take it that the livecd searches through sr* for a disc?

Sincerley,
William (Ratrophy)