eht0 not recognized

Vicente andromedaspace at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 16:02:28 PDT 2005

> Vicente wrote:
> > The distros use either the NE2000 or the pcnet_cs drivers. I have tried
> > to load the pcnet_cs module (modprobe pcnet_cs), but the card does not
> > want to work with it and I haven't been successful in loading the NE2000
> > module.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to get this card to work?
>
> We must know its PCI ID. Please do the following:
>
> lspci && lspci -n
>
> and post the full output here. If it is not listed there (e.g. because
> it is seen as an ISA card), do the following:
>
> cd /tmp
> cp -a /sys . 2>/dev/null
> tar zcf sys-vicente.tar.gz sys
>
> and post sys-vicente.tar.gz here.

Thanks for the assistance. The results of 'lspci' is:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems CPU to PCI bridge (rev a2)
00:08.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. ViRGE/MX (rev 06)
00:0b.0 USB Controller: NEC Corporation USB (rev 02)
00:10.0 IDE interface: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device 0102 (rev 33)
00:11.0 Communication controller: Toshiba America Info Systems FIR Port (rev 23)
00:13.0 CardBus bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC95 (rev 07)
00:13.1 CardBus bridge: Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC95 (rev 07)

'lspci -n' gave me:

00:00.0 Class 0600: 1179:0601 (rev a2)
00:08.0 Class 0300: 5333:8c01 (rev 06)
00:0b.0 Class 0c03: 1033:0035 (rev 02)
00:10.0 Class 0101: 1179:0102 (rev 33)
00:11.0 Class 0780: 1179:0701 (rev 23)
00:13.0 Class 0607: 1179:060a (rev 07)
00:13.1 Class 0607: 1179:060a (rev 07)

The result of 'cp -a /sys . 2>/dev/null; tar zcf sys-vicente.tar.gz sys' can be found here:

http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~vecano/sys-vicente.tar.gz

I'm sorry if this message starts a new thread, but I am having problems with my email client.

-VC