mptscsih support in LiveCD 6.1?

jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 12 14:34:37 PDT 2005

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to use the 6.1 LiveCD on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 which uses
> an
> integrated LSI Logic. Specifically the Symbios Logic 53c1030 pci-x
> Fusion-MPT dual ultra320 scsi card.

>From the LiveCD's kernel config file:

# CONFIG_FUSION is not set

Assuming that is the correct driver, then it seems that it your device
would not be supported on the CD. However, you *might* be able to copy the
kernel config file for the LiveCD (see the BuildScripts, linux/config),
patch the kernel with the same patches we applied (again, see the
BuildScripts, specifically, you'd want to mimic the build commands found
in packages/linux/Makefile), build the kernel, and burn the livecd with
multi-session so that you have your customized kernel.

For instructions in customizing the contents of the CD via multi-session
burns, read the LiveCD's README:

http://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/x86/tags/6.1-2/doc/README?rev=347&root=livecd

Hope this helps,