r316 - in x86/branches/6.1: . doc etc packages/Xorg

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jul 10 07:24:07 PDT 2005

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Yes. Before the "fix", there was:
>
> /tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
> (and so on, since I re-run "make" many times).
>
> Should be:
>
> /tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
> (only once, even if I re-run "make").
>
> Probably we should copy that file from the template together with
> /etc/issue. As a temporary fix, uncommenting that line and replacing
> ">>" with ">" will also work, since Xorg is the only package that needs
> an entry in /etc/sysconfig/createfiles.

Looking a little deeper here. The file /etc/sysconfig/createfiles is
currently useless to us on the livecd for the reason that we never
install the cleanfs script from the LFS Bootscripts. That's the script
that sources and uses the createfiles file.

So. For all of this, I suggest simply creating that directory
'/tmp/.ICE-unix' at some point before we create the iso.