r316 - in x86/branches/6.1: . doc etc packages/Xorg

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Jul 9 22:53:03 PDT 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>
>> jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>
>>> -    @echo "/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root" >>
>>> /etc/sysconfig/createfiles
>>> +#    @echo "/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root" >>
>>> /etc/sysconfig/createfiles
>>

>> I don't see where /tmp/.ICE-unix is created now. Does xfce start
>> correctly on a freshly-built LiveCD?
>>

> Sorry, this was in response to your comment about the
> /etc/sysconfig/createfiles bug. After seeing your above comment I assume
> you meant that we need to actually make use of the
> /etc/sysconfig/createfiles entry and create those directories?

Yes. Before the "fix", there was:

/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
(and so on, since I re-run "make" many times).

Should be:

/tmp/.ICE-unix dir 1777 root root
(only once, even if I re-run "make").

Probably we should copy that file from the template together with
/etc/issue. As a temporary fix, uncommenting that line and replacing
">>" with ">" will also work, since Xorg is the only package that needs
an entry in /etc/sysconfig/createfiles.