[RFC] New LFS Website

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 5 05:21:21 PDT 2005

Hello Everyone:

The LFS Website Team has been working on a new website for the Linux
 From Scratch community. We have shown it briefly before, but it is now
nearly fully functional and filled with content. Our goal with this new
site was to produce a simple and readable site that is easy to navigate
and easy to maintain. You'll notice that we endeavored to greatly reduce
the number of possible links on one page and lead the user through the
site by logical grouping of data.

Apart from just a redesign in the layout of the site, much has been done
in rewriting the backend struture, to reduce maintainance overhead and
to allow a more dynamic and "up-to-date" website.

Please visit this new proposed site (follow the link below) and reply to
the website mailing list with your thoughts or comments. We would like
to hear from the community as to whether they would like to see this new
design implemented.

http://beta.linuxfromscratch.org/

Thank you,

--