Speakup Instructions

Matt Darcy lfs-list at projecthugo.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 01:20:40 PDT 2005

Put this checkout script under /usr/src

> It is necessary that you create a symlink called linux to point to the
> linux-2.6.12.5 directory.  This is because the checkout script really
> has no way of checking which version of the kernel that you are
> patching.  ln -s linux-2.6.12.5 linux  will do it.

Hi Robby,

Very nice that your tried to script this functionality. I think I'd like
to see the script more clever, so that your not prompted for a password
and it logs in and does all the word, and perhaps actually force it to
work out what kernel your patching. The comment you've suggested about
creating a symlink to "linux" in the /usr/src directory is actually
activly discourgaged by the kernel development team, hence why I'd like
to see the script work out what script your patching.

Lastly, I think I may have missed the point, but what is the point of
using this script along side the live cd ?

Matt