Expect, Tcl and Dejagnu

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 26 06:39:25 PDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 06:24:42AM -0600, Archaic wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 10:43:12PM -0600, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > The livecd build scripts don't run any of the test suites in any of the
> > toolchain packages. (I guess they depend on the stability of LFS.)
>
> Why not?

Well, the purpose of the scripts are to fully automate the building of the
LiveCD iso. When I was first writing them, I was using (essentially) a
known-working version of the LFS book, so I trusted that the build would
be smooth and correct. To fully automate the build (without stoppage) I
would have to do something like 'make -k check || true' which, to me,
seems kind of pointless.

Anyway, I felt it wouldn't hurt to leave the testing of the build method
up to the countless other times I and others build the book manually.