Help troubleshooting

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 25 13:38:03 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 08:24:19AM -0600, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 09:54:43AM -0400, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> > is a copy of the .config on the .iso?
>
> For simplicity's sake, I made a diff of the current config to the one we
> used for the released 6.1-2 CD.

OK. So I think I spotted and fixed the main issue. I changed the label of
the iso in the main Makefile without realizing that Alexander was using
that as verification of the CD in his init. So they should match now and
the CD should be verified...

I still haven't spotted which kernel option is giving me all that extra
text at boot. Here's an example:

[   23.216895] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[   23.216950] ACPI wakeup devices:

And so on. Each line has the brackets and numbers, which I assume is for
debugging purposes. I will have to look more closely unless anyone knows
off-hand what kernel option causes this.

Also, Alexander, since the init checks the CD's label for verification and
not the /LFS file, is there any reason to keep that file around? Would
just like confirmation from you before I delete it, please.

Thanks,