Help troubleshooting

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Thu Aug 25 06:54:43 PDT 2005

Rumor has it that Jeremy Huntwork may have mentioned these words:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I could use some help troubleshooting the latest development version of
>the LiveCD. My time at the moment is limited as work is very demanding
>just now.

I'm in a similar situation right now (gearing up for the county fair for
which my wife is a board member, and I help her with several of her
tasks....) But I can spark up a VirtualPC and let 'er run a bit in the
background and see how things go...

>Anyway, the latest build will not boot for me, it always ends in a kernel
>panic due to the fact that it can't locate the drive with the LFS CD in
>it. At first glance everything seems to be fine, the kernel recognizes all
>the CD drives, etc. However, (and this might be a telling point) the
>kernel messages at boot-time are different than I've ever seen them. So it
>seems possible that with the kernel upgrade to 2.6.12.3 I enabled some
>option(s) that I shouldn't have.

is a copy of the .config on the .iso?

[[ Also: Is the build setup for this in SVN? If so, how would I check it
out and try to rebuild it myself? ]]

>You can find the iso in question here:
>
>http://lfs-matrix.de/~jhuntwork/lfslivecd-x86-6.2-pre1.iso

Downloading as I type. ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | A new truth in advertising slogan
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers | for MicroSoft: "We're not the oxy...