Help troubleshooting

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 25 06:42:04 PDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I could use some help troubleshooting the latest development version of
the LiveCD. My time at the moment is limited as work is very demanding
just now.

Anyway, the latest build will not boot for me, it always ends in a kernel
panic due to the fact that it can't locate the drive with the LFS CD in
it. At first glance everything seems to be fine, the kernel recognizes all
the CD drives, etc. However, (and this might be a telling point) the
kernel messages at boot-time are different than I've ever seen them. So it
seems possible that with the kernel upgrade to 2.6.12.3 I enabled some
option(s) that I shouldn't have.

In any case, as my time is limited right now, I would very much appreciate
any help on this problem.

You can find the iso in question here:

http://lfs-matrix.de/~jhuntwork/lfslivecd-x86-6.2-pre1.iso

TIA,