Enter Problem Dell Latitude

Jiri Navratil jiri at navratil.cz
Wed Aug 17 00:13:00 PDT 2005

Hi Stephan,

As you already mentioned, I has reported this problem.  I do not know, if it
was fixed later. I did some investigations and the used Gentoo LiveCD to
install Gentoo Linux on this notebook.

fyi You can not type any parameter to the kernel. You are fully dependent on a
change on the CD.

I enclosed two URLs, which can be usefull. In one is writed, that this can be
related to "old" 586 CPU and second summarise my testing, which can be
helpfull for developers.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/livecd/2005-February/000137.html
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/livecd/2005-February/000179.html

Best regards,