Enter Problem Dell Latitude

Stephan Müller the_enid at web.de
Mon Aug 15 13:45:52 PDT 2005

Hello Steffen,
for being honest, i don't know what to odo with this parameter. Do i
have to unpack the iso and edit some files?
I'll put the original thread in the end.

---------------------original from *iri Navratil* jiri at navratil.cz
<mailto:livecd%40linuxfromscratch.org?Subject=Old%20systems&In-Reply-To=20050215212634.GD9612%40navratil.cz>
/Mon Feb 21 13:57:20 MST 2005/

Hi,

Please find my results from testing livecd-6.0.9-20050211-pre2.iso
enclosed.

The problem with booting is not dependent on CD-R. If the CD drive can
read CD-RW, then the result is the same as with CD-R.

I can boot correctly on:
IBM server PC 325
IBM server PC 315
IBM notebook TP R30

I can NOT boot with
DELL Latitude CPt notebooks.

On DELL Latitude CPt C333GT I see for 0,5 sec this line

ISOLINUX 3.07 2005-01-12  Copyright (+ something)

then I see on the top only

Press [Enter] to boot or press F1 for more options.

If I press Enter once or more time I have no response.

On DELL Latitude CPt S600GT I see for 0,5 sec this line

ISOLINUX 3.07 2005-01-12  Copyright (+ something)

then I see on the top only

Press [Enter] to boot or press F1 for more options.

If I press Enter for first time, I got one dot. If I press Enter for second time, the machine is rebooted. The same for F1.

This is, what I can collect.

Best regards,
Jiri