Enter Problem Dell Latitude

Steffen R. Knollmann sknolli at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Aug 15 08:06:49 PDT 2005

Hello!

> Hi, when booting livecd x86-6.1.2.iso on my latitude i get the same
> problem as described in the archive (old system)
> when asked to press enter or f1 the only thing happening after keypress
> is a dot displayed. pressing again leads to reboot.

  I am not sure if you are refering to the same problem I have in mind
now (your description appears to be different), but:

> didnt found any solution in the archive or did i missed it???

  Did you try to use 'nolapic'? You can append that parameter directly
via the grub menu.

  Cheers,
    Steffen

--
I propose we leave math to the machines and go play outside.  -- Calvin