LiveCD building status...

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Fri Aug 12 12:13:09 PDT 2005

Roger Merchberger wrote:

> Well, other than lfs-matrix being down for a while yesterday, things
> had been going pretty well with my LiveCD building jazz... until now.

Yeah, sorry about that.  I reorganized where some files are on the
mirrors (and put symlinks in their place) and it took a bit to rsync.
It is all up and running again now though.

> The xfsprogs package is giving me a little heartburn. The Makefile is
> looking for: xfsprogs-2.6.25.src.tar.gz, but at SGI (where it's
> normally hosted) they now have xfsprogs-2.6.36.src.tar.gz without any
> (easily) available previous tarballs... so I finally found a copy here:

If that is a stable version, you can probably just use that one for your
livecd.  Just change the VER part in the Makefile.

> Downloaded it into the /sources directory, and the makefile *still*
> cannot find it, tries to download it, and fails.

You would need to put it into /mnt/lfs/lfs-livecd/packages/xfsprogs.
Then the makefile will find it and not download it.  At least this is
how I understand it.

Justin