r570 - x86/trunk/scripts

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Aug 11 22:36:14 PDT 2005

justin at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>Author: justin
>Date: 2005-08-11 23:28:48 -0600 (Thu, 11 Aug 2005)
>New Revision: 570
>
>Modified:
>   x86/trunk/scripts/net-setup
>Log:
>Added modem configuration, dial and hangup functions to net-setup.  This is the last major thing on my list.  Next, it could be cleaned up a bit, a few doubled things removed and any changes people think the menus/etc need.

Well, this is the last of the major features to add.  I tested the gprs
device, modem and ethernet device as much as I could and I can't see
anything wrong at the moment.  At least with the configuration files.  I
don't have a working wlan device to test, so hopefully someone can try
this and give their input.

Still on my todo, but nothing worth keeping the script from being used:
- Clean up the script a bit.  There are some things doubled, like the
menu for grps and modem, etc.
- Auto calculate the broadcast address.
- wlan device configuration (ssid, key, etc).  Will need wireless-tools
added to the livecd.

If anyone has any suggestions, problems or additional features to add,
please let me know.  :)

Justin