r567 - x86/trunk/scripts

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Aug 11 16:29:44 PDT 2005

justin at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>Author: justin
>Date: 2005-08-11 17:16:51 -0600 (Thu, 11 Aug 2005)
>New Revision: 567
>
>Modified:
>   x86/trunk/scripts/net-setup
>Log:
>Added GPRS modem configure, dial and hangup options to net-setup script.  Next up is normal modem ppp setup.

Alexander,

I setup net-setup to edit /etc/ppp/peers/gprs and /etc/ppp/gprs.chat as
you showed me.  When you have time, could you please test if it works?
Thanks.

Everyone,

Also what is your opinion about having in the menu a "dial" and "hangup"
option, so that one doesn't need to type "modprobe ppp-generic ; pppd
call gprs" and "killall pppd"?  I can change it to just echo the command
to the user if the user should do it.  The menu is currently setup so
when you finish configuring the device, it returns to there and the use
can select dial/hangup.

The gprs setup works as follows:  The gprs and gprs.chat files are
copied to gprs.orig and gprs.chat.orig, and then a sed changes the
values.  When the script is run again, the gprs.orig and gprs.chat.orig
are copied back to their original files, and again sed'ed.  Just seemed
easiest to me.  Downside is that if the user changed the files
themselves, then they are overwritten if they redo the "configure".  If
someone has a better idea, please let me know.

Thanks.

Justin