LIve cd not booting on a AMD64 CPU comp

Doug Ronne vextorspace at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:35:41 PDT 2005

On 8/7/05, Sudeep Mukherjee <smdeep at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I have searched a lot, but I have not been able to get any information. I
> have the latest Live Cd. Boots perfectly on  Celeron, Athlon XP cpu powered
> computers.
>
>  My computer has a AMD 64 2800 cpu. No SATA, no scsi, on a MSI motherboard.
> When I try to boot with the Live CD i get a cpu context corrupt message.
>
>  Could someone tell me how to boot with this cd?
>
>  Thanks in advance
>  Sudeep

I also have an AMD64 with an MSI motherboard (and SATA drives).  The
latest built from CVS is booting fine for me (working from it now),
although it did take a little fixing here and there to get it to
build.  This had nothing to do with it being an AMD64 however, mostly
to do with me changing the kernel version to 2.6.12.3 and therefore
having to change squashfs, change the patches, and the like.

-Doug