xorg.conf

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 11 09:17:37 PDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 09:11:41AM -0700, Doug Ronne wrote:
> I noticed that the xorg.conf screen section never has any modes in it
> and I have to go edit modes in so that I can get X.  Is this some sort
> of autodetection problem?  Or do we just need to put a modes
> "1280x1024" etc... line in?

Apart from auto-detecting your video card, we'd also have to auto-detect
your monitor and the modes its capabale of. I'm not sure if that's
possible, and if it is, obviously, I don't know how to do it. ;) If you
want to look into that and let us know what you find, we'd always welcome
any help.

Of course, we could always stick in a default value of, say, 1024x768.