unecessary symlinks or bad scripts?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 11 08:58:02 PDT 2005

Heya,

I've encountered a minor error when testing the latest LiveCD scripts and
I'm trying to track down if this is an error in LFS trunk or if it's a
problem with our scripts.

In the chapter 6 build of gcc there are two symlinks made after 'make
install':

ln -s ../usr/bin/cpp /lib
ln -s gcc /usr/bin/cc

The LiveCD scripts currently error out because those commands fail. It
appears that make install already does this, but again, I haven't looked
closely enough to determine if that's really the case or if it's a fault
with our scripts.

Is someone in a position to verify that those symlinks are still
necessary?