Possible to include a tarball on LFS6.1-3?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 11 04:35:17 PDT 2005

Roger Merchberger wrote
> Snagged it... it still seemed too small... Just for giggles, I typed
> 'make' and... Ah... that 'splains a lot -- the download's built into the
> makefiles for the stuff - that's why the SVN checkout didn't take very
> long...
>
> ;-)

Yeah... :)

> Is there a way of doing the download separately so I could do testing at
> home (64Kbps rather sucks for doing downloads... ;-)?

Yes, you could, but it would require manually downloading each package.
I suppose we might be able to build a target into the next version of
the scripts that will dump the urls for each package in the build to a
wget script. That's something to think about...

The Makefiles in trunk handle the sources a bit differently than the
tagged version you'll be using. For the 6.1-2 scripts, you want each
package you're going to be using to be downloaded into the
packages/[package-name] directory. Alternatively, you could put them all
in one spot and then create a symlink in each packages/[package-name]
directory to the appropriate tarball or patch.

A lot of work :/