Possible to include a tarball on LFS6.1-3?

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Aug 10 14:00:07 PDT 2005

Rumor has it that Jeremy Huntwork may have mentioned these words:
>On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:56:40PM -0400, Roger Merchberger wrote:

[snippety]

>You need to have a *matching* kernel version. However, if you're building
>for a 6.1-3 iso, you're not going to want to use trunk. The 6.1-2 livecd
>should work fine as a host, because the 6.1-3 iso will still be using the
>same LFS base versions.  You need to grab the 6.1-2 tagged scripts from
>svn:
>
>svn co svn://svn.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/x86/tags/6.1-2 lfs-livecd

OK, I can do that tonite or tomorrow (no high-speed at home...) -- so, once
I've grabbed it, should I make a copy of that directory to
'lfs-livecd_orig' and make changes to that dir, then run diff over the
whole rascal?

> > If I could get the build process functioning, I'd be happy to build the
> > .iso once everything's finalized...
>
>Thanks. :) However, I like to do that personally as just one more step in
>quality assurance. Nothing personal at all.

NP -- I might make one and burn it for myself, just for testing, but I
certainly understand that different platforms might b0rk things that are
out of your control, and that would be a bad thing... ;-)

>Bugzilla isn't very hard. :)
>http://bugs.linuxfromscratch.org/

I just made Bug # 1606 WRT the b0rked path problem in runit.sh. If you
want, you can assign it back to me or whatever, I was just getting my feet
wet with a known problem to me to put something in the database.

If I really screwed something up, just LART me. ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????