Possible to include a tarball on LFS6.1-3?

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 10 10:51:50 PDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 12:42:01PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Where can one find this information? There is nothing on the BLFS
> Xorg page that I can see about this, but I didn't look real hard.
> Could you provide the place in the instructions where it says this?
> Thanks.

Well that note seems to have been removed from the SVN version of BLFS. So
if we're unecessarily hindering our freedom here, I'd be more than happy
to remove that particular check from the CD's build system.

Anyway, in the stable BLFS book on the Xorg page:

"Note

If you build Xorg in a chroot environment, make sure the kernel version of
the base system and the target system are the same."